Tuesday, April 19, 2016

WEEK2 PEER CRITIQUE


GROUP MEMBERS: 

KENDAL SPARKS, ARIA BIRD, AND JUSTIN


This critique was particularly informative because of the sense of direction it gave me. Focusing on hardware and gaming my initial focus was to illustrate the evolution of gaming consoles up until now. 

Does this project concept conform to the project specifications? Is this a figurative infographic, or is it data visualization, more suitable for the second project?

Considering the amount of illustrations needed for the project, it was suggested that there may not be enough time for the project. Also there may not be an obvious call to action at first glance. Instead I decided to focus on one brand instead of a  wide spectrum, specifically Playstation.

 Does this project have a specific, well defined client? If not, assist your classmate in creating a short list of possible clients which will direct and focus their efforts.

My intent was to only focus on key models that helped propel the industry forward into the future. After revealing my proposal to my peers, there were a few things that stuck out. Forcing me to re-evaluate the evolution I wanted to illustrate, I thought about the current state of the industry instead of looking back. Before long, it seemed obvious that virtual reality was a much more viable subject matter with a stronger call to action. The hardware is relatively new and is still in its beginning stages as consumers are still figuring out what it is.

3. Establishing the destination for this project.
The media will be accessed on the official Playstation magazine.
4. What other unrecognized resources and perspective can you offer your classmate.
Pinterest has alot of good refferences that can help me guide the project in the right direction.
















No comments:

Post a Comment